See the menu documentation for how to use pipe menus in your Openbox menus.
- ob3_theme.c Theme Changer. - Mike Hokenson
- theme scripts.tar Theme Changer. - Marius Nita
- cfgmenu-2.0.py Configure Openbox from a menu. (This is broken.)
- show_ob_keybindings.py View/edit keybindings. - Joe Bloggs
- wallmenu-0.4.py Change wallpaper.
- ob3_wall.c Change wallpaper. - Mike Hokenson
- bgmenu.rb Change wallpaper. - Tim Riley
- chwall Change wallpaper.
Desktop Environment Integration
- thunar-bookmarks.pl A Perl script that duplicates ~/.gtk-bookmarks (Nautilus, PCManFM, Thunar), from dbbolton.
- bookmarks.sh XDG bookmarks menu; defaults to Nautilus but should be usable with Thunar and maybe others?
- templates.sh Create new files from templates (in ~/Templates).
- connected_servers.sh Show your connected servers and opens them using nautilus.
- recent.rb Shows your recent documents. - Tim Riley
- obrecent.sh Shows your recent documents.
- Openbox:Pipemenus:recentfilesxbel Shows your recent documents using the newer xbel format.
- bookmarks.py Pipes the rox-filer bookmarks from ~/.config/rox..../bookmarks.xml into the Openbox menu. Running one in the menu opens the bookmark with rox-filer.
- ob_clipboard_pipe_menu.py Menu of recently copied text clips, selecting an item pastes it (requires parcellite or clipit to be installed) - Joe Bloggs
XDG Application Menus
- Python XDG menu from Fedora This is a very complete XDG menu solution, works flawlessly, and is one of the few, if not the only one which supports custom user menus, meaning you can edit your menus with alacarte or any XDG menu editor.
- desktopmenu.php Create an XDG menu.
- openbox-menu This generates menus for Openbox from the applications installed on the system and keeps them always up to date.
- Openbox:Pipemenus:obam Openbox Application Menu reads .desktop files from multiple directories to construct a flat menu. This is especially useful if your system doesn't have working XDG or Debian menus.
See User:Baavgai's page for additional scripts.
- opera-bookmarks-pipe Grabs your bookmarks from Opera. Clicking on them opens them in Opera. - Brendan Johan Lee
- processes.py This script reads out process information from /proc and pipes it into the Openbox menu. You can renice, kill or restart running applications through the menu. It also has an application filter, so not all user applications/daemons are shown in the menu. It is similar to the procinfo script by Dave Foster. New Version 12.04.08!
- ob-cpufreq-0.2.py See your CPU frequency. - John McKnight
- procinfo See your process information. - Dave Foster
- Screen Script This script is a way to control screen, it allows you to launch new screens or perform operations on currently running screens.
- Sysinfo Pipemenus to show your system info, such as free ram, processor, disk space etc. etc. kind of like gkrellm, but like a menu. It needs some editing to work for each system like dev and eth. - yettenet
- ob-sysinfo.pl A similar system information script written in Perl and easy to modify/extend. - dbbolton
- dir-menu Directory structure menu with simple file handling.
- date-menu.sh A simple date, time, and calendar.
- Openbox:Pipemenus:obreboot Openbox Reboot Menu allows you to reboot to the any of the options in your grub.conf.
- Openbox:Pipemenus:battery A simple script to show acpi settings battery and temperature.
- Openbox:Pipemenus:Dirsmenu Another menu for recursive directory listing.
Sound & Media
- obmpc.sh Control MPC from Openbox.
- ob-mpd-0.3.py Control MPD from your menu. - John McKnight
- xmms2-OpenboxMenu xmms2 Pipe Menu client
- Openbox:Popemenus:audacious-OpenboxPipemenu Control audacious from menu.
- Openbox:Pipemenus:Audacious_control_alternative Control Audacious from menu (alternative).
- my_q3stat.c Queries Quake 3 servers.
- ob3-et.c Queries Enemy Territory servers.
- ob3-et.pl Queries Enemy Territory servers.
- checkmail This program checks (only one) IMAP4 server for new mails and displays mail headers through pyosd. All new mails are accessible through a menu. You can set them read, delete them and, of course, read them. (I've tested it so far with cyrus, dovecot, communigate, and Gmail). Read the README.
- feeder.py This script pipes RSS and Podcast feeds into the Openbox menu. You have to edit the "User set variables": rss_feeds, browser and media-player used to open feeds or/and podcasts.
- gmail-openbox-0.0.3.1.py Check your Gmail from a menu. (Probably needs work.)
- dirlist Menu that recursively shows the contents of a directory. - Dave Foster
- books menu.py Read manuals and books from your menu.
- Openbox Weather Pipe Menu Shows the weather forecast of the city passed as argument.
- obdevicemenu An Openbox pipe menu for the management of removable media with Udisks.
- ob-randr Easily change resolution, rotation, scaling, panning, and other xrandr operations as well as quickly see the capabilities of connected displays.
- Palobo's Openbox SimpleTasks Tasklist A simple task list in the form of a pipe menu. Simple features are supported for the time being. Adding tasks. Clicking on a task renders it completed and is therefore removed from the list.
- SSH Agent Utility Shows active ssh-agent identities and deactivates (locks) them on click; allows user to activate all default identities or deactivate all identities. - Adarsh Carter
- Openbox:Pipemenus:Date_Menu Shows a calendar and date/time in a pipemenu.
- Openbox:Pipemenus:battery Shows battery status.
- Openbox:Pipemenus:recentfilesxbel Recent files list.
- Openbox:Popemenus:AudaciousControl Audacious control menu.
Script Archives & Collections
- Manuel Colmenero's Openbox Menu Editor This contains several menus, including an XDG menu, a Firefox bookmark menu, and others.